Who is eligible to participate?

  • Juniors and seniors who will have completed 60 credits by the start of their SULA Semester
  • Matriculated students who are registered full-time in a degree-bearing program.
  • Students with good academic standing (GPA 3.0)
  • Students with good judicial standing (no current issues, no uncompleted sanctions)

Individual Major eligibility:  

  • Dually-enrolled Newhouse students will need to submit a SULA home college approval form from the Advising Office, Records Manager or Student Services Dean of their dual college.
  • Single enrolled Newhouse students will receive degree checks by the Newhouse Undergraduate Advising Office (the home college approval form is not needed)
  • Newhouse BDJ majors must have completed BDJ 311/364 by the start of their SULA Semester.
  • Newhouse TRF majors must have completed TRF 205/211/235 by the start of their SULA Semester.
  • VPA Bandier students will be reviewed and accepted by the Bandier Program Director / Assistant Director.
  • VPA Film majors may participate Fall of their senior year.  Limited to 12 students.  Final approval at the discretion of the VPA Film Department / Department Chair.

How do I apply? 

  • Attend a general information session about the program.
  • Fill out the online application here.
  • After you fill out the online application – bring your unofficial transcript, $60 application fee (check or money order made payable to Syracuse University) and home college approval form (if applicable) to Newhouse 3 – Suite 318.

Application Deadlines:
Spring:      September 15
Summer:  January 30
Fall:           February 8

Am I still considered a Syracuse University student? 

Yes.  You will continue to be enrolled as a full time, matriculated student of Syracuse University.  You will register for a minimum of 12 credits based on SULA campus classes, an internship with class components and (online) Arts & Sciences classes. This combination of classes will work together with your current major curriculum to ensure your requirements are met and you will graduate on time.

How will I register?

Upon acceptance into the program, you will be coded for registration as an SULA Semester student.  At your appointed registration time (listed on myslice), you will register for LA based classes.

I am not a Syracuse University student but really want to apply.  Is that possible?

Yes.  You will need to enroll as a full time, non-matriculated student of Syracuse University for the semester you are participating in.  Please double check with your home college financial aid office as this requirement could affect your current financial aid award.

Click here for more information.