Eric is an attorney at Mitchell Silberberg & Knupp LLP. His legal expertise is in entertainment, copyright and trademark counseling, transactions, negotiations and litigation, primarily in the areas of music, television, film, fashion and apparel, video games and computer software.
- Day-to-day representation and counseling of various artists, record labels, music publishing companies, video game publishers, and fashion and apparel brands.
- Successfully defended award-winning writer, producer, and television network in federal court against claims of copyright infringement concerning popular television series.
- Successfully represented Take2 Interactive and Rockstar Games in a trademark infringement lawsuit before U.S. District Court and Court of Appeals alleging the company’s game “Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas” infringes upon the marks of a Los Angeles business establishment.
- Successfully represented the recording industry in its copyright infringement lawsuits against KaZaA, Grokster, and Napster P2P file-sharing services.
- Successfully represented radio station defendant before the California Court of Appeal in case concerning station’s alleged failure to investigate the accuracy of its advertisers’ claims.
- Successfully represented major record companies in litigation against owners and operators of flea markets/swap meets in California, Texas, and New Jersey where vendors repeatedly sold infringing CDs.
- Successfully obtained summary judgment on behalf of the motion picture industry in its suit against the manufacturer of DVD-copying software for violations of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- Successfully defended major beauty products manufacturer at jury trial on trademark and unfair competition suit.
- Successfully obtained permanent injunction on behalf of major consumer products company in false advertising matter.