As the SULA Semester Program Student Leader, you will work to develop a sense of community for all students participating in the SULA Semester and be available to provide information and respond to minor student issues.
- Organize, promote and attend social activities for the students (hikes, BBQs at Oakwood, game viewing parties, museums visits, etc.) every two weeks
- Facilitate a meet & greet for all students at the beginning of the semester
- Facilitate a student meeting mid-way through the semester
- Make SULA Staff aware of any student behavior or issues that may pose a safety risk
- Be an engaged LA Semester Program participant by attending SULA events and encourage fellow students to do the same
- Keep well informed of SULA events in order to respond to student inquiries
- Set-up and monitor SULA Semester Group Facebook page and GroupMe text message
- Be willing to lend a helping hand to a fellow student
- Help to resolve minor roommate conflicts
- Be familiar with the referrals and resources available to students in Los Angeles, as provided in the SULA orientation packet
- Understand emergency procedures established by SULA and Oakwood so that assistance can be provided if necessary
- Respect and maintain confidentiality
- Know and adhere to the SULA Semester Standards of Behavior and SULA Semester Professional Protocol
- Be able to move into Oakwood no later than the weekend prior to Orientation and stay through at least the last day of the semester
- Attend scheduled meetings with SULA staff approximately event 2-3 weeks throughout the semester
- Reply to emails from SULA staff in a timely manner
- Send event summary report 48 hours following each Student Leader event
Rate of pay: $1,500 via bursar account in three payments. To apply complete an application via the Accepted Student page.
Questions? Contact Lauren Palius, Assistant Director at email@example.com.
NOTE: The Student Leader must inform and receive approval from the SULA Semester Director prior to accepting another position of regular employment. Internship hours cannot exceed maximum hours set by SULA Semester policy. In the event that a conflict arises, as determined at the discretion of the SULA Semester Director between another non-academic activity and the Student Leader position, the Student Leader position shall take precedence.