Lights Palm tree group left Palm tree group right Lights Palm tree Palm tree Palm tree Vector image Vector image

Los Angeles


Who is eligible to participate?

  • Fall/ spring: Juniors and Seniors (minimum of 60 credits completed)
  • Summer: Rising juniors and rising seniors
  • Matriculated students who are registered full-time in a degree-bearing program.
  • Students with good academic standing (GPA 3.0)
  • Students conduct is in good standing (no current issues, no uncompleted sanctions)
  • Non-matriculated students from other Universities. Click here for more information.

Individual Major eligibility

  • Advertising Majors: Must have declared emphasis.
  • Bandier Majors:  Recommended Fall semester of senior year.
  • Broadcast Digital Journalism Majors:  Must have completed BDJ 311/364 by the start of their SULA Semester.
  • Film majors (VPA):  Restricted to Fall of senior year.  Capped at 14 students.  {Final approval at the discretion of Film Dept Chair.  Student must communicate interest in advance.}
  • Television Radio Film Majors:  Must have completed TRF 205/211/235 by the start of their SULA Semester.
  • Single-enrolled Newhouse students must have declared minor.
  • Dually-enrolled Newhouse students will need to submit a SULA Home College Approval Form from the Advising Office, Records Manager or Student Services Dean of their dual college.
  • Non-Newhouse majors will need to submit a SULA Home College Approval Form from their home college.

How do I apply?

  • Attend a general information session about the program.
  • Fill out the online application here.
  • After you fill out the online application – bring your transcript, $60 application fee (check or money order made payable to Syracuse University) and home college approval form (if applicable) to Newhouse 2 – Room 370.

Application Deadlines

Summer: January 30
Fall: February 8
Spring: September 15

Am I still considered a Syracuse University student?

Yes.  You will continue to be enrolled as a full time, matriculated student of Syracuse University.  You will register for a minimum of 12 credits based on SULA campus classes, an internship with class components and (online) Arts & Sciences classes. This combination of classes will work together with your current major curriculum to ensure your requirements are met and you will graduate on time.

How will I register?

Upon acceptance into the program, you will be coded for registration as an SULA Semester student.  At your appointed registration time (listed on myslice), you will register for SULA based classes.

I am not a Syracuse University student but really want to apply. Is that possible?

Yes.  You will need to enroll as a full time, non-matriculated student of Syracuse University for the semester you are participating in.  Please double check with your home college financial aid office as this requirement could affect your current financial aid award.

Click here for more information.